Join Our Team of Guardians
Guardian Veterinary Medical Center is excited to be growing our team of smiling faces at our new facility in Port St. Lucie. We are currently accepting applications for volunteers. If you are interested in learning more, you may apply using the form on this page.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Technician Assistant works with the veterinary medical team to provide and prepare for the best medical care of pets, and to ensure this is provided in a happy, welcoming, friendly and efficient manner, influencing clients to return and refer their friends and families.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Prepare the treatment room for examination of pets and all necessary medical item and supplies (e.g. vaccinations, fecal loops, slides, etc.) for the veterinarian and/or veterinary technician. Set up fecals, smears, and skin scrapings as allowed by state rules and regulations.
- Maintain the flow of the Cycle of Service in accordance to position. Provide Client Education regarding preventive care, Optimum Wellness Plans, and basic status of hospitalized pets. Serve as support to the Client Services Coordinator staff on an as‐needed basis.
- Hold or restrain pets during examination, treatment, or inoculation.
- Prepare routine in‐house laboratory tests (e.g. canine heartworm, feline leukemia, FIV, and canine parvovirus) as allowed by state rules and regulations.
- Monitor the comfort of hospitalized patients. Ensure the comfort of hospitalized patients by “walking”, exercising, feeding, and cleaning cages and pet (when approved by the veterinarian or veterinary technician).
- Bathe and dip pets when necessary to treat dermatological conditions (when advised by veterinarian or veterinary technician.
- Clean the surgical suite and instruments.
- Ensure cleanliness of the hospital including but not limited to housekeeping such as laundry, dishes, mopping, cage cleaning, trash collection and removal and instrument cleaning as outlined by hospital protocols
- Other job duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please read instructions carefully prior to submission.
If you are interested in applying, please download the application below. Once you have saved the application to your computer, open the application in Adobe Reader. You can then complete the fields of the fill-able PDF and save the document. Then submit the document to us, along with your resume, using the Online Form Submission on this page.
If you would like to download the PDF, and do not already have AdobeReader® installed on your computer, click HERE to download.Download Application